Upon arrival to the new location, each family will go through a comprehensive Settling-In Program aided by their CORT Destination Service consultant. This program is a critical phase of the relocation process designed to make moving and getting acclimated a smooth transition.
CORT’s Settling-In Program can be a single or multiple day process, with about six to eight hours of assistance each day accompanied by the CORT Destination Service consultant. Based on the assignee and their family’s needs, the Settling-In Program will consist of vital components such as:
- A pre-arrival consultation by telephone or email
- If needed, obtaining a Social Security card and driver’s license
- Assistance in leasing or purchasing a vehicle, as well as Vehicle Registration
- If applicable, school registration
- Opening a new bank account
- Utilities setup including electricity, gas, internet, telephone line, and more
- If needed, acquisition of auto insurance and renter’s property insurance
- Neighborhood research on leisurely activities, entertainment, and community club memberships
- Assistance with furniture rental
- Any other needs specific to the assignee and their family
A key element to CORT’s Settling-In Program is the continuing support provided to the assignee and their family through all the stages of moving and settling in. The CORT Destination Service consultant is dedicated to aiding the assignee with issues and concerns over the entire course of the settling-in process.
Ongoing support is provided throughout the assignment to address critical issues as they arise.
Thanks so much for providing efficient and effective relocation services! We have a very good start her in the U.S. Oil, Houston, TX
We want to hear from you!